Leaving Hawaii was like breaking up with a great boyfriend
Image via Wikipedia Today was a pretty gloomy, yucky, cloudy, rainy, gray, windy,poopy day. I took my photography final this morning which went well. But then I went shopping for things I cant buy, and driving in weather I shouldn't be driving in, and I was thinking lots in my head. While I was driving listening to country music and being totally hormonal, I thought to myself, why do I feel so sad??? Then I looked around at the crap weather, and I missed Hawaii sooo much. I started to think"Hawaii's crap weather was never this depressing". I realized I was so depressed and I started to feel like I had just broken up with a great boyfriend. You know how it goes.... your totally in love with some guy but there are little things that bother you, and you finally realize that its time to move on, and its better this way, etc. etc. so you break up cuz that's what should happen. (I don't feel that way now by the way, I am referring to my single years)
Anyways after you break up with sed boyfriend you start to miss him more often than not. You compare every one to him. You somehow only remember the good times. And before you know it your wishing you never broke up but deep down you know its best...
Well Hawaii you were a great boyfriend. I miss the long walks on the beach, and the smell of your oceans. I miss your swaying palm trees that seem to say "No worries Brah", I miss your sweet plumeria trees and vaulting mountains. I miss all those times we spent in the sun. I even miss your sporadic and crazy rain because it was always followed by a rainbow.
I just plain miss Hawaii like crazy. I know in time it will fade and I wont miss you so much. But today I just kinda don't like that we broke up and .... I want you back!!
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=609410a6-49d9-472b-b485-ee155de23428)
5 comments:
I lived in West Yellowstone for awhile and I know how you feel. I missed it so bad. It is hard to move on when so many of life's important things happened in that place.
I feel ur pain Shannon, lol, and the only advice I can give you is this : find something about the new place ur living ( in this case SC) that you absolutely love, and you know that you couldn't find anywhere else. For me, yeah Goose Creek, SC....well was pretty darn lame!! BUT...u can't get the history of Historic downtown Charleston anywhere else, right?? And I'm into that...so it made living in SC somewhat bearable for me. Thats just a trick I learned over the years, having moved so much in my life. Anyway, when r u coming to utah??? HOPEFULLY I'll still be here...if not I'll prolly see ya back in SC!
Jen (ps~ sorry aboot writing u a book!)
You put my feelings perfectly. I STILL miss Hawaii like CRAZY and I have been gone from there for 5 years. OH my gosh - that makes me SICK just thinking about that - UGH!!! I don't think that I will ever not yearn for our love land of Hawaii. After 5 years and still missing it like crazy, it has been imprinted in my heart and mind!! I can only imagine how you feel since you have been there A LOT longer than I was!!!
As depressing as that was, it was beautifully written. Very poetic, Shan!
i went back this week, it wasn't the same with everyone gone. but i missed it so.. we ate lotsa food it was so warm and nice.. ahh hawaii i love you
Post a Comment