Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tis the season for Love....

Tree decorated for Valentine's Day in San Dieg...Image via Wikipedia It seems Love is in the air. Little kids are buying valentines cards to give to their friends at school, husbands and wives are wondering how they're gonna make this year special, and Target is selling cute kissing teddy bears. I always used to hate Valentines day because to me it was always single awareness day. I always seemed to get dumped right before Valentines day.

But that all changed almost 4 years ago. I met the most wonderful man in the strangest way possible that changed my view on love forever. Since then I have grown so much and loved deeper then I ever knew was possible. I truly believe that he was made especially for me:) And I can't believe that he feels the same for me. Anyways I used to always write depressing poetry to vent emotion. But when I met Tim I had nothing but happy things to say. So one day when we were dating I was at work at PCC and I just felt inspired to write how I felt down. I found this poem in a box in our office about an hour ago and so I thought I would share. I encourage all of you to tell someone you love how much you love them everyday. Don't waste time. You never know when you won't have the chance anymore to say how you feel. I want to wish all of you a Happy V Day and I love you all very much and each of you have a special place in my heart this Valentines Day!
4-18-05

A far off dream was my sight

Hoping, but never really believing I would touch your handsome face,

or see the eyes that engulf my senses.

They take me out of this world and into a heavenly realm

I never knew this heart in my chest could beat this fast

or that my stomach would feel a rush every time you touched me.

So sudden, so unexpected,

but very true, very real, and so right.

I welcome your love into my soul

with a promise to hold your hand

and keep you close to me for the rest of my existence

and into eternity.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Kevin & Courtney said...

Awe that is so sweet!

Michelle said...

You guys are really such a great couple. Sometimes it's hard to get through the sorrow so that we can recognize what true joy and happiness feels like. That is a great poem, but you know that I always "get" you, and love what you write.

Ryan and Nicole said...

I love that pic of you and Tim on the top of your blog :) Congrats on eating healthier, its so hard to make that adjustment...and why are men so lucky that they can lose weight faster? :P

Moni and Paul said...

:) tear tear happy v day!
loves you