
I just have to tell you all about our experience on Wednesday. We had the privilege of seeing Gladys Knight and her SUV choir. I have heard about it before and I was excited to see it but I never knew or even imagined how amazing it would be. Some of you might not know that Gladys is a member of the LDS church. Which she candidly joked with the audience about. She said "That's right I'm African American and a Mormon, what ya think about that?" It was so funny. especially here in the south there is a stigma that most people think the church is full of nothin but white bread rich people. And that is sooo not true. Anyways it was a great opportunity because in order for the church members to come she requires you bring a non-member with you. I invited a few people but they all couldn't attend and then finally I asked my friend Jenna and she said she would love to come. There were so many people and almost all of them brought a friend that did not belong to our church. So there were many southern baptist and such. It was great to have them in our chapel. Their spirits and faith was so strong. I appreciated them worshiping with us!
So she began by telling a little about herself and how she joined the church. Her testimony was pure and she wasn't afraid to say how she felt about the restored gospel. My eyes were wet the whole wonderful two hours as they sang and testified of Christ. Most of the music was very different from what LDS people are used to hearing. It was full on Gospel music that was different in the way it worshiped but sooo powerful. Many Latter day saints kinda get stuck in their own world and never experience or understand how many of their Christian brothers and sisters worship God. It was powerful and amazing as we of all faiths worshiped the Lord together it was an experience I will never forget.
I am so glad that Gladys her husband, and their associates have the guts to tell the world that they have found the full and everlasting gospel through their testimony and music. It strengthened me beyond words. One part of the program opened up the flood gates. There are many Polynesians in the choir and they sang a few Hawaiian songs. I could not keep from sobbing. In Hawaii the spirit is soo strong, the people have something special, and I associate the beautiful Hawaiian Language with that feeling. I could not help but lose it and start sobbing. I never realized how strong the Aloha spirit was until I left there. It made me miss Hawaii and the church members there so much. I longed for them. It was bittersweet.
Anyways it was possibly one of the most amazing concerts I have ever been too. If they ever come to your town you have to know that you just can't miss it!!! You have to go. You have to bring everyone you love with you. It will change your life. Anyways just wanted to share that with you all.
The Lord is my Redeemer and he is amazing!!
1 comment:
That sounds SO awesome!!!! Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment