Saturday, December 31, 2011

Holy two thousand & eleven Batman!!!! Boom!!! Pow!!!!

I have been inspired by a few friends to write this post. BUT so I don't appear to be a total hack I am going to put my own spin on their ideas;) 

So here we go... hold on tight it might be a bumpy ride.....


20 things I learned in 2011
 1- That life is what happens when you are making plans
2 - That I am a lot stronger than I thought I was
3 - That the Lord is more merciful, more gracious, and more kind that I ever knew. 
4 - That family is EVERYTHING
5 - That no matter what never quit praying and having faith there is a light at the end of the tunnel
6 - That kindess makes all the difference.
7 - That people you don't even know can become your angels and answers to prayers
8 - That even in a stressful time it's important to laugh
9 - That being a mom is a lot harder then I ever thought it would be
10 - That having a child is like agreeing to have your heart walk around the outside of your body for the rest of your life. 
11 - That my mother was right. ABOUT EVERYTHING
12 - That Miracles DO happen
13 - That I really am good at Photography and people in general like my work. 
14 - That I have THE BEST friends and family in the whole wide world that would do anything for me. 
15 - That Tim and I = The cutest offspring ever
16 - That things can go from Good to really bad really quick and then really bad can go to the most joy you have ever felt in your whole life. 
17 - I finally comprehend the love my mother has for me... and a tiny bit of how much my Heavenly Father loves me
18 - To enjoy the here and now because one day it will be gone and I will miss it. 
19 - That I am no longer able to wear 5 inch heals on a date with my hubby... it aint gonna happen, stupid plantar fasciitis it's no bueno
20 - That forgiveness and Love is the key to happiness in this life.


11 things I want to change or learn in 2012
1 - I want to find a plan/program that I will actually follow, get in shape, be healthy, and wear a size 12/14 again.... or smaller but I am trying to be realistic here people.
2 - I want to hopefully keep training in Krav Maga and make it to level 2 and possibly level 3
3 - Work on my road rage
4 - Get my temple recommend current and attend the Temple more often
5 - learn how to do yoga or meditation or both!!
6 - Bring my photography to the next level and establish a good client base.
7 - watch less TV, Facebook A LOT less, and in it's place pray more often
8 - Share the gospel and my testimony more, and attend church and be dedicated to a calling. 
9 - I want to be more patient and kind towards my friends, family, and strangers
10 - Establish a good routine for Kalea and be mom of the year;) 
11 - Not expect anything but hope for the best with my infertility.... I would love to have another baby if it's possible. 


And of course I must review the year in pictures.... it was a great year and so many wonderful things happened. Luckily I caught most of those things on film;) digital... whatever.....

I spent my the first part of the year pregnant;) It was wonderful.
 My best friend Jenna got married
 I had the most incredible shower in Utah where I got to reunite with all my childhood friends at the same time. Also about 40 of my family and friends were there. I felt so honored.
My sister Kelly was there for me throughout the year and threw me a shower in SC. I was so lucky to have her near me for most of the year. I was so sad when she moved back to Utah.



I was hospitalized and watched closely because Kalea was growth restricted due to placenta problems, I also developed sever preeclampsia. It was all very scary but luckily I had my hubby, my mom, my dad, my sister and her hubby, and my best friends there supporting me holding me together. 
                                       
 I gave birth to the most beautiful baby on the planet on May 11th ;) 2 pounds 4 ounces of pure amazingness.
 Kalea stayed about a week and a half in the Nnicu at MUSC then was transfered to East Cooper Medical Center's special care nursery so she could grow!!

 Holding her for the first time was the highlight of my year.
We finally brought her home on July 19th. One of the happiest days of my life.
Tim and I celebrated 6 years of marriage... we were both exhausted and sleep deprived but we went to dinner anyways.
I had a post partum melt down and went home to Utah for almost 2 months. I really loved being home again.

Kalea was so small but grew by leaps and bounds!!



She started smiling and really developed her diva personality

 Kalea had her first Halloween and I had my first opportunity to make her a costume like my mom used to make ours;)
 Kalea had her first Christmas and was spoiled to death
She had her last Dr's appointment of the year at the end of December and was given a clean bill of health. The doctor asked us if she could keep her.....no she begged us actually .... HA! aint gonna happen sista. 
Tim and I have been able to go back to Krav for a few month. It has been great to train again together. 


Well it's been a crazy, amazing, hard, blessed, awesome year. I wouldn't trade a single moment for anything. I love my life.  Good bye 2011!!! 
Hello 2012!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!




No comments: