You know how there are certain things you learn about in life that just "light" you up? Those things that you know are just supposed to be a part of your life, or better yet a part of you? Those things that are in your soul to do or be a part of? There are a few things in my life that are this way.
Obviously the GOSPEL or Jesus Christ is one of them. My religion is so much more than a blind belief or a Sunday happening. My religion is in my soul. My belief and faith in Christ is the glue that holds my soul together.
And Of course... Photography is another one of those things. It is in my SOUL to be a photographer. I NEED to shoot. Even if I'm not the best, most original photographer out there I love it. It seeps from my pours. It keeps my heart racing. I just HAVE to do it.
Krav Maga is another one. As soon as I started Krav I knew it was for me. I feel so inspired and confident when I do Krav. I feel in control and happy when I am punching a bag or when I pick up on a technique quickly. I don't know why doing something that seems to be "violent" can make me feel so peaceful but it does. I have never doen something before that made my body feel so fantastic. I miss it everyday and I am almost crawling out of my skin to be able to do it again. Only a little while longer and we will hopefully be living close to a Krav Maga gym. In fact I think this might be a requirement for where we settle;)
Well I have found something new that just makes so much sense to me. It lights me up from the inside and even though I don't have it quite figured out all the way yet I know it's right for me;) It's called Intuitive Eating <3 My friend Stephanie Jones (or Snoop if you will;) introduced me to it a few months ago. I am so glad she did. If you haven't read the book it's hard to get what I am talking about but I had to just record my feelings about it and my progress so far.
I am starting to make peace with food. I am starting to make peace with myself. It's funny... as soon as I started to REALLY face my issues with food I started to face my feelings. I feel like I can face the intense feelings I had about infertility and Kalea's early arrival now. I feel like I can face them without filling myself up with food. I have been doing well with honoring my hunger and stopping when I am full. I feel so in touch with my satiety signals. I don't feel guilty anymore leaving food on my plate. The other principles I am still trying to figure out. I feel like I need to work more on silencing the food police and fully making peace with food. I am excited to start feeling healthy again. I know that the nutrition will be a bigger part of it after I make full peace with food. Anyways I just know it's right for me and it just feels good to be figuring it out.
Oh and Tim and I are starting couch to 5K when I get back;) I am excited to tackle something that I have always told myself was impossible and I couldn't do.
No comments:
Post a Comment