Friday, November 12, 2010

The grass IS greener on the other side....

I just spent an hour typing this blog..... my internet went out... I officially HATE Comcast. They must die.

Anyways I will try to remember what I originally wrote......ggggggrrrrrrrr

What I was trying to say was that people always say that..... grass is always grenner..... BUt in the infertility world it really is greener on the other side. NOT only greener but such a relief to finally cross over that dang fence.

It almost doesn't seem real.  I have a hard time really believing that I am finally pregnant. It just seems so surreal. That is one of the nasty side effects of infertility though. It takes the fun out of pregnancy because you are constantly worried. Honestly who could blame me after experiencing loss after loss ofter loss. I don't think I will truly be settled until my itty bitty is in my arms. EVEN then I am sure the worrying is just beginning!

Because I am not so far away from all of it I am still very painfully aware of those around me that are still battling this ruthless disease. I am very aware that my news might cause hurt to some people. I know how hard it is to hear that over and over and think that "its never gonna be me". I have decided that to avoid making people feel that way I am going to only update on my blog about my pregnancy. I just don't want to rub in in peoples faces on Facebook and Twitter.

Dont get me wrong I feel like I deserve to be happy and talk about it. I feel like it's finally my turn to have all that joy;) I just don't want to forget the lessons I have learned from my path to get here.

ANYWAYS.....

So here is an update on how things are going.
Wednesday November 10th was 14 DPO (days past ovulation)
I had my first Beta HCG (pregnancy hormone)It was 102 which is in a normal range for a single baby;)
Today Nov. 12th I had another beta HCG and it was 237. Which was also normal!
Your HCG is supposed to double or triple over 48-72 hours the first part of your pregnancy.
I have already been experiencing symptoms.... yes I am convinced most women do they just don't know it. Infertility makes you VERY aware of everything your body is doing;)
Anyways I have had really sore chest for about 2 weeks now. I have been pretty tired. Occasionally I get a little nauseous but nothing serious. I haven't had any particular food aversions other than really sugary stuff. I usually love sugar and I haven't been wanting to eat it at all! I don't really have cravings yet either other than every once in a while I want something salty. I have one thing that I love to smell and it's this stuff you spray on your hair to protect it from heat.... oh it's yummy and I want to smell it all the time!!! I already feel kind of bloated too.

I go in next week for another Beta and to schedule my first ultrasound!!! I have never had a normal pregnancy before so this is all very new to me;)

Anyways I just want to tell you all how much I appreciate all your love and support over the course of this journey. It's been really hard and there has been many times when the only thing that pulled me through was your love and faith and prayers. I am so blessed and always have been. I don't think my family and friends could be more amazing.
Thanks for reading this LOONNNNGGGG post;)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Thats really good to hear Shannon! I'm really looking forward to experiencing this with you through your blog! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Thank you for letting us come on this journey with you. I am sooooo beyond happy to hear that your HCG levels are doubling and look so good! I continue to pray for you, and to thank our Father in Heaven for his bountiful blessings and mercy. I love you guys!!!

Melissa said...

Yeah, so happy for great Betas. I hear you on the no sweets. I get the same way when pregnant, in fact still am at 25 weeks. Not a great way for the holiday season. Hope you have minimal side effects.

Kjell Crowe said...

i'm so stoked for you and Tim. Praying for you still!!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone;) <3 U all !!!!